Production Park Ltd
Manufacturing Process Engineer
Production Park is the number one live events production destination in Europe, featuring rehearsal studios, over ten events businesses and the UK’s only Live Events Production University Centre, Backstage Academy.
The Park is home to workshops, offices and machine shops belonging to a group of long established engineering technology and creative specialist businesses, including Litestructures, LS-Live, Perry Scenic Creative and Brilliant Stage.
Scope of Position:
To ensure all manufacturing processes within the plant are robust, capable and reliable and continuous improvement activity on existing production within the plant.
- Timing management
- Cost management (Cycle time, headcount, material usage, downtime, etc.)
- Provide technical support to both production and maintenance functions
- Leading operation support activities (QOS, process audits, etc.)
- Work analysis, method study and labour utilisation analysis
- Regular and timely reporting of process related improvements
- Support with installation and commissioning of new production processes and equipment
- Acting as a lead figure on troubleshooting activities
- Development / improvement of effective Poke Yoke (mistake proofing processes)
- Produce and maintain working production documents (TPM, troubleshooting guides, process parameters, layout, etc.)
- Suggesting and implementing efficiency improvements both on machinery and processes
- Tool and equipment specification
- Process flow, factory layout, material flow
- Continuous improvement in all areas of the plant (headcount reduction, process improvement, insourcing etc)
Key Result Areas:
- Process reliability – downtime and cycle time
- Process reliability – scrap
- Diligent use of procedures & setup of SOPs
- Annual saving of 1.5 x salary
Skills required for this role will be as follows:
- Good Communicator.
- Strong team player.
- Good time keeping and punctuality.
- Ability to work towards deadlines, at times you may be required to work some late nights and weekends
- Position – Full time days – 40-hour week – 08:30 – 17:30
- Salary – dependant on experience.
- Location – South Kirkby, Wakefield
Please email Balreen if you wish to apply for this job: